Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How did I start writing the book Jack Canon-All In

Yesterday was Labor Day and I had a great day off which even included some time at the pool.  I showed up around 2PM after Kathy went off to do some shopping.  After a 30 minute treadmill-I hit the pool.  My neighbor Beverly was swimming with a girlfriend and said hello and commented that she still had the book I'd given her about Bobby Kennedy.  " I'm still trying to finish it," she commented.  That wouldn't be odd except for the fact that I'd lent her the book Thanksgiving of 2011.  I'ver heard of slow readers but that's really slow.  Well long story short, Bev's nice and so is her friend- any mention of a book and mine pops into mind.  "Bev you'd better finish that book because I have something else for you to read," I say. 

The truth is I started writing almost immediately after my mom passed away finishing just around the time my dad died 5 and a half months later.  I know they will be the first to read it.  It's something I've always wanted to do and I know my mom-she loved to write poetry- is happy.  Writing is a better use of my time I thought than sitting around getting depressed. 

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment