Monday, January 28, 2013

Sandy and Jack

Spent the entire weekend from 5 a.m. to midnight on the final edit - will blog about the process - here's a brief excerpt: 

“Great Jack, I’ll put together a tentative list and we’ll go over it when you can focus.”
Sandy turned and did an exaggerated one foot crossing the other walk, accentuating her hip movements as she left the room. If she wasn’t getting my attention in the room she was determined to get it going out.
Bud shook his head, “She’s a tease.”
“She’s right Bud, you don’t give her much credit, remember she graduated cum laude from Boston.”
“In journalism, for Pete’s sakes Jack, get real.”
“You just don’t like reporters.”
“No really, don’t you think it’s odd that in all the years you’ve known Sandy she’s never had a boyfriend. Hell, I don’t ever remember her having a date?”
“What are you getting at?”
“She’s a beautiful women Jack, where I come there’s a line around the block for a girl like that.”
“Well for one thing she never stops working, you know sometimes she’s texting me late into the evening.”
“She should put herself out there, get married.”
“I’ve begged her to take some time off but she never does.”
“What a waste.”
Bud was right Sandy didn’t have much of a personal life, it was my fault, I had her managing both the Campaign Administrative Staff and the Senate Office.
“I never thought I’d say this, but we may be working the girl to hard Jack.”
“I’ve taken her out a couple of times after work for Martinis.”
“Does she ever mention her personal life?"
“Not really, we talk mostly about work and me being President. She really wants it for me.”
Sandy usually accompanies me on business trips to help me stay organized. She’s a kindred spirit and knows first hand the difficulties of being a Senator.
“Jack running for President can rip you apart if you are not ready. I just hope she understands that we’re in a dogfight, any misstep in this arena and they’ll eat us alive. You know how I worry.”
“Relax she knows we’ll do whatever it takes to win.”
“But can she keep it to herself?”

No comments:

Post a Comment